The Mortican's Son
owns a small typewriter
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sometimes I just have the damnedest time just trying to get my shoes on. The back of the shoe just folds in beneath my foot, it gets annoying. Plus, I've got a Dr. Scholl's insert for my left foot, that was starting to go flat. Sometimes those fuckers just hurt so bad. They don't breathe, they leave my feet smell like rotting whores, constantly being beaten and shit on for menial wages. My toenails don't even feel real anymore and my heels are rocks. Ashy rocks, those grey ones my Pop-pop used to pave his driveway with. The skin on the bottom is just so dry that the skin cracks open and blood pours out freely. And the shoes don't want to come off either. I swear.

I took a nap and came out of it with a character. He is some kind of spy man. What I know is that his first memory was of an old black man who washed the windows of the sky scraper his father worked at. The boy had no mother, so his father had to take him along to work. The window washing man came once a week and washed the windows of the tower. He remembers one day thinking that this huge thing must have fallen from the sky. Turns out it was the window washer.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment